Multiple approval requests submitted if user click Approve/Reject button several times
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-2008030 ·Reported By 25 users
Multiple approval requests submitted if user click Approve/Reject button several times quickly.
This happens across Salesforce full site, Lightning Experience as well as mobile devices through Salesforce1.
1. Add Approval History to Page Layout. i.e Account
Setup -> Customize -> Accounts -> Page Layouts -> Related Lists -> Add "Approval History" -> Save
2. Create Approval Process
Setup -> Create -> Workflow & Approvals -> Approval Processes -> Manage Approval Processes For: Account -> Create Standard Setup Wizard -> Process Name: process1 -> criteria are met: Account: Description equals "start" -> Next... Save
3. Create Approval Steps
4. Create Initial Submission Actions
Add New -> Field Update -> Name: fieldUpdate1 -> Field to Update: Description -> Text Options: A blank value(null)
5. Add fieldUpdate1 to both Approval/Rejection Actions
6. Active Approval Processes: process1
7. Create an account which description is set to "start"
8. Submit Approval Request.
9. Select that Approval item and click "Approve/Reject" button.
10. Then you will redirect to page .../p/process/ProcessInstanceWorkitemMassAction
11. Click "Approve" or "Reject" multiple times (could also be due to browser refresh)
12. Go back to Account page, check there are multiple approval actions in Approval History section.
Only click the "Approve" or "Reject" button once and be patient for the process to complete. Do not refresh the browser, click the back button, etc.
Reported By (25)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.