Salesforce for Outlook: Side panel incorrectly displays an unsupported browser error message for Internet Explorer
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2646207 ·Reported By 114 users
Sometimes Salesforce Side Panel incorrectly displays an unsupported browser error message when the customer is working on a supported browser.
When Salesforce customers are working with Microsoft® Internet Explorer® and they:
- Open Microsoft® Outlook® before Salesforce for Outlook starts for the first time, or
- Upgrade to a new version of Internet Explorer,
...customers sometimes see an error message in the Salesforce side panel that says:
"Salesforce.com doesn't support Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7 for the Salesforce Side Panel. Make sure you upgrade to a later version. Otherwise, content in the side panel won't display correctly."
Even when the customer is using supported versions of Internet Explorer (IE8 and later).
They will also see this error if they are running Internet Explorer (IE) in the Compatibility mode. IE Compatibility mode is not supported with SFO
- If customers are still using Internet Explorer 7, they should upgrade. Customers using the publisher action that allows users to create cases directly from the side panel (released in Spring '14) should upgrade to Internet Explorer 9 or later. All other Salesforce for Outlook features are supported on Internet Explorer 8 or later.
- If IE is running in the Compatibility mode, reset that and allow it to run normally
- See Help and Training article https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=How-do-I-change-my-local-machine-Internet-Explorer-browser-emulation-setting-in-the-registry&language=en_US
-If "Security Zones: Use only machine settings" is "Enabled" under the Group Policy Settings this will also cause this error in the Side Panel.
NOTE: the registry settings in the article can be controlled by an organizations Group Policy that should be checked also as a source of the issue.
Reported By (114)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.