Knowledge articles cannot be edited by users with the proper permissions.
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2125355 ·Reported By 6 users
Occasionally knowledge articles can enter a bad state where they are stuck in either a draft or published state after attempting to publish or archive them and no further edits can be made to them by users with the proper permissions.
Articles that may be affected typically have some of the following attributes:
1. More than 10 article versions.
2. If stuck when attempting to publish a draft the previous version was left published.
3. Scheduled publishing or archiving was used rather than immediate.
This is one example, there may be others:
1. Create a draft article
2. Publish it
3. Bring it back to draft while keeping the online version, then publish the draft as a New version
4. Repeat step 3 > 10 times, in the middle manually delete some old versions from the detail page of the online article
5. Finally bring the online version back to draft while still keeping an online version, then schedule the draft for publish.
6. If reproduced succesfully the article should show as edited by the automated process at midnight but, it will be inaccessible for other changes.
Currently the only option is to re-create the article.
Manually delete the scheduled automated process for the specific article from Admin Setup - Monitoring - Automated Process Actions.
- Article: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=monitor_article_automated_actions.htm&language=en_US
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.