Spring '14 - Sections for console components erroneously displayed on Record Type Select page in console sub-tabs
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2039545 ·Reported By 2 users
When creating records from a subtab in the Console, the record type select screen will show all four console component spaces even if none have been enabled. After saving certain object types, components will not show properly.
1) Create two record types for Case
2) Create a VF page
3) Edit case layout and add this VF page as a subtab component
4) Go to console and open an account in primary tab
5) Create a new case from account page
6) See you have four empty components around the page
8) Notice that you still have four empty components instead of the one component you added in step 3
9) Save the case
10) Notice that you still have four empty components instead of the one component you added in step 3
This also happens for other objects like tasks, as long as you get to a record type selection page within a subtab.
Only workaround for customer is to ignore these components when creating the record, and re-open the tabs to properly render any custom components they're using.
If the customer is using the components to display information during record creation, there is no workaround to have these components display properly.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.