Using IE8, standard links do not work when a custom button is used to created a new record from the SCC in a new pop-up windown
Last updated 2017-04-18 ·Reference W-193818 ·Reported By 1 users
If you have a custom button that creates a new record and then returns to the record when saved. This button is set to open in a new window. When this button is used from the Service Cloud Console, the new record gets created and returned as expected. However, clicking on any of the links from the detail (e.g. change owner / contact name / account name) nothing happens. This is only occurring using Internet Explorer 8.
1. Create a custom button on case object that is designed to create a custom object record. Specify that the action opens in a new window.
2. Add this button on the list of buttons on the case page layout.
3. From the service cloud console, access a case where this button exists and click on it
4. Enter the details to create the new record and click save
5. On the page you are returned to, try to click on the change owner link or any lookup fields that are populated
If possible, use standard button from a related list within the console
Access the record directly within the console
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.