Field Dependency Not Respected in Case Feed Change Status Publisher
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-1488938 ·Reported By 5 users
In Case Feed, field dependency is not respected if using the "Change To" field in the "Change Status" publisher. For example, if a custom picklist field is dependent on the standard "Status" field, the appropriate dependent values do not appear when the status is toggled using the "Change To" field. It does work if the "Status" picklist field is added to the publisher, but that causes confusion and is redundant.
1. Login as the admin
2. Create a Sub Field on the case object
3. Create a Field Dependency to the Case "Status" field
4. Try to add just the "Sub Field" to the Case Feed layout
5. You will get an error stating that you did not add the Master field
6. Add the "Status" filed also to the Case Feed Layout and click save
7. Open a case record
8. Note that the Status with the Sub field appears but also the change to field that is a part of the Case Feed
For the interim do not use the status field as a dependency in case feed
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.