Custom fields added to the Partner Related list are not retrieved through the Metadata API
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-1878301 ·Reported By 6 users
Custom fields on Account can be added to the Partner related list in the Account Layout via the UI but those fields are not reflected in the metadata for the layout.
- add a custom field to Account.
- add the related list “Partners” to the Account Layout. (edit the account layout, goto relatedlist, select Partners)
- edit the Account Layout and modify the related list “Partners” by adding an account custom field (find the Partners related list, click on the tool icon, add the field)
- sign into the org via Force.com IDE (Tested using v28)
- retrieve the metadata for the Account Layout. (Right click project > Force.com > Add/Remove Metadata Components > Add Layouts - specifically, the account layout)
You will observe that the custom field added via the UI is not in the metadata for the account layout.
This process works fine for a standard account field. Is only a problem for custom fields.
Non available. Maintain field via the UI only.
Please note that this issue also affects the "Campaign Influence" related list on Opportunity Layout.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.