Insufficient privileges when changing owner of task with attachment and sending notification email.
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-1796778 ·Reported By 12 users
An insufficient privileges error is received when changing owner of a task to a user above you in the role hierarchy when the 'send notification email' checkbox is checked and the task has an attachment.
1. Create two user: user1(Sys Admin) and user2(Standard user).
2. Setup role hierarchy
3. user1 with higher role "CEO"
4. user2 with lower role "VP"
5. Login with lower role hierarchy user, user2.
6. Create a new task, fill in any required fields, assign to user2 and add an attachment (just select any small file from your desktop).
7. Click Save.
8. Edit the task again.
9. Assign the task to higher role hierarchy user, user1 and select "send notification email" checkbox.
10. Click Save you will receive the error message.
11. Create a new task, fill in any required fields, assign to usr1 directly, checked "send notification email" checkbox and add an attachment (just select any small file from your desktop).
12. Click Save.
13. Saved without error.
Do not select the 'send notification email checkbox'
Remove the attachment and add it back after assigning the task
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.