Long numeric field values display in scientific notation
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-1786392 ·Reported By 6 users
When displaying a number field which contains long number, site.com page displays scientific notation number instead of actual number.
1. Create a number field on any sobject - leave the defaults (length:18, decimal places:0). Make sure to modify the FLS for the new field on the sites guest user profile.
2. Add a long integer to one or more records e.g. 1234567890123
3. On a site page, add a data repeater or data table for the sobject.
4. Add a data element (or column) for the new field. Leave the formatting as Text.
5. View the site (published or preview), and notice the number will display in scientific notation e.g.
Create a text formula field to convert the value to text e.g. TEXT(MyNumberField__c). This is temporary workaround until the bug is addressed.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.