Unable to create a community in specific orgs
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-1734718 ·Reported By 12 users
Unable to create communities in certain orgs that have external ID or unique fields, validation rules, or triggers on the user object. The error appears "Oops, something went wrong; please refresh the page and try again" after trying to create a community.
1. Login as the admin of the org
2. Go to the Manage Communities Page
3. Click the New Community Button
4. Enter the name, description and URL
5. Click the Create button and the following appears "Oops, something went wrong; please refresh the page and try again."
Remove any external ID or unique fields, validation rules, or triggers on the user object. Otherwise create the empty class definitions (that is, the class is defined, but no methods or properties within them are needed) in the problematic orgs:
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.