Inline editing in list view using IE8 jumps focus to the top of the list if the list is long enough to scroll
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-1689228 ·Reported By 0 users
If you have a list view with some inline edit columns, and the list view has enough records to render scroll bars, and you scroll down at all and then double click to inline edit a field, the list view jumps to the top of the page.
This issue only seems to impact IE8, and does not occur in any other supported browsers (IE 9/10, Firefox, Chrome).
1. Make sure that both Inline Editing and Enhanced List Views are enabled
2. Load a list view for an object that has a lot of records in it, and thus requires scrolling to get to the bottom of the list
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the list.
4. Select a field in the list view that allows for inline editing, change the field value, and save.
5. If you are using IE8, post save, the user will be jumped to the top of the list view. Using any other browser does not result in this same behavior.
Use an alternate browser that is not impacted by this issue:
IE9 or IE10
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.