Communities: Email address change for customers/partners doesn't send a confirmation mail
Last updated 2015-01-07 ·Reference W-1632521 ·Reported By 4 users
The Email Change Verification feature is not sending out a confirmation email when it's invoked by a community user.
When this feature is ON, and works correctly for a non-community user, the following happens:
1. User goes to change email address
2. Pop-up warning in question is presented to end user indicating that email change will have to be confirmed
3. User accepts the warning, but email address change is NOT processed at this time
4. User receives the confirmation email at the "new" addressed entered in step 1
5. User confirms the address change in the email address received, and at this point the email address change is processed.
This process is not working for Community users. Instead, email changes are being processed immediately, despite receiving the confirmation pop-up, and the confirmation emails are not being sent.
1. Login as Community user and go to edit their "my profile" page, and change current email address
2. Expected email change verification pop-up confirmation warning is presented
3. User accepts the warning
4. Email address is immediately changed/saved (i.e. confirmation is ignored)
5. Expected confirmation email is not sent to the new address entered
None available at this time, other than to inform community users that confirmation of email changes will not be enforced until this issue is fixed.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.