Sending an Email Via Case Feed Inserts Underscores Into Dependent Picklists
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-1601887 ·Reported By 2 users
When dependent picklist fields are added to the Answer Customer (Send Email) Publisher Element, the values of these picklist fields are set to '__' after sending the email.
This is specific to dependent picklists which are in a read only state (because their controlling field has not been set). Additionally, this is only impacting Case Feed and not the standard Case UI.
In an Org with Email-To-Case and Case Feeds enabled:
1. Login as a Case Feeds User
2. Ensure that the Answer Customer Publisher has a dependent picklist field in it's layout
3. View a Case, select 'Answer Customer'
4. Note that the dependent picklist field should be visible but read only
5. Send an Email without changing the picklist value
6. View Case Details, notice that the value of the dependent picklist is '__' but should have remained empty (null).
7. Edit and Save the Case, notice that now the value of the dependent picklist is empty (null).
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.