In Winter'16 Sandboxes when a community user resets their password an "insufficient privileges" error generates.
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2757948 ·Reported By 18 users
After Winter'16 when a community user resets their password, on clicking the link sent in an email it gives "insufficient privileges" error.
- Org has to have a "My Domain" setup and deployed
1. Go to the community URL login page.
2. Click on the "Reset My Password" option in the community login page.
3. Input your username of the Community user.
4. Click on the Submit button to confirm the user.
5. Check your E-mail.
6. Click on the link, sent in an Email to reset the password.
7. The error occurs.
Root cause of the issue:
- URL in the email points to the "My Domain", which is essentially the cause of the error.
Correct domain: sitename-testorg.<Instance>.my.salesforce.com
Domain in email: testorg--sitename.<Instance>.my.salesforce.com
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.