Entering Korean/Chinese in a new Rich Text Editor for Chatter post is not working correctly in IE11
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2764975 ·Reported By 0 users
In Winter 16,
- Korean "안녕하세요" appears as "ㅇ ㅏ ㄴ ㄴ ㅕ ㅇ ㅎ ㅏ ㅅ ㅔ ㅇ ㅛ" if the new feature "Allow users to compose rich text posts" is enabled.
- Chinese characters input will not displayed correctly with some extra characters.
1) With IE11, login to Winter 16 org
2) Make sure "Allow users to compose rich text posts" is selected in Customize > Chatter > Chatter Settings
3) Type chatter post in Korean using Windows Korean IME.
For "안녕하세요" type "dkssudgktpdy" in English Keyboard
4) You will see "안녕하세요" appears as "ㅇ ㅏ ㄴ ㄴ ㅕ ㅇ ㅎ ㅏ ㅅ ㅔ ㅇ ㅛ".
you will see something totally different to what you typed in.
- This is happening only in Internet Explorer 11. Use other browser, Chrome or Firefox.
- Turn off the new feature "Allow users to compose rich text posts", through Customize | Chatter | Chatter Settings
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.