Account Owners cannot select proper Opportunity or Case Access level when adding Account Team Members.
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2979829 ·Reported By 43 users
In orgs that have External Sharing Model enabled, Account Owners may be unable to set the proper values for Opportunity and Case Access level when adding Account Team Members.
User will only see the "Private" option for Opportunity and Case Access Level fields, even though Account Owner should be able to grant access to their Accounts and related records.
This occurs when the Internal Organization Wide Default for Account, Opportunity, and Case set as "Public Read/Write", and the External Organization Wide Default for these objects set to "Private" or "Public Read Only".
Note: This behavior of the Opportunity and Case Access Level fields can also be seen when an Account Owner attempts to manually share an Account (this could be encountered if Account Owner is attempting to share the Account and related records with External users)
0. In an org with External Sharing Model and Account Teams enabled.
1. Set Internal Organization Wide Default for Account, Opportunity, and Case to "Public Read/Write", and Contact Sharing to either "Controlled by Parent" or "Public Read/Write"
2. Set External Organization Wide Default for Account, Opportunity, and Case to "Private". If Internal Contact Default is "Public Read/Write", also set External Organization Wide Default for Contact to "Private".
3. Login as a non-Admin user (example: a User with the standard "Standard User" profile)
4. Open an Account that User owns, and try to add an Account Team Member.
Note that the only option for "Opportunity Access" & "Case Access" is "Private". This is incorrect; Account Owner should be able to grant an Account Team Member "Read Only" or "Read/Write" to related Opportunities and/or Cases.
* If we try to add an Internal User to the Account Team: We get "Error: Must be less restrictive or equal to the organization-wide default." for the Opportunity and Case Access fields << The Opportunity and Case Access fields need to be set to "Read/Write" to not be more restrictive than the Internal Org Wide Default; The Account Owner does not have that option, so Account Owner cannot add an internal user to the Account Team.
* External Users can be added to Account Team without error, but Account Owner cannot grant them access to related Opportunities and Cases.
NOTE; If External defaults are Public Read Only, the same behavior occurs. The "Access" drop downs would show "private" and "read" in this case, but will still not show "Read/Write" which causes the same error when adding internal users as Account Team Members.
1) Have an Admin add the necessary Account Team Members with desired access levels.
2) Consider changing the Internal org wide default for Opportunity (or Case) to something less than "Public Read/Write", which will allow Account Owners to see the correct Access options when adding Account Team Member. If internal users need Read/Write access to all Opportuity/Case records, create a Sharing Rule to give them that access.
Reported By (43)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.