[Files Connect] Authentication is broken for cloud external data sources in communities
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2952176 ·Reported By 4 users
Authenticating against an external cloud data source (SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive or Box) from a community will return the following error:
https://[URL of the community] is under construction
There are two ways to reproduce this in the Community:
1) - Go to the files tab
- Click on the External Data Source,
- Click on "Click here to link your external account to Salesforce"
2) - Click on My Settings at the top right of the Community page
- Click on Authentication Settings for External Systems
- Create a new Authentication Setting as per the documentation
The internal org users can work around this by authenticating in the org before using Files Connect in the Community.
No workaround for external users.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.