“Update Campaign Member Status” Help page incorrectly states to reference Contact and Leads IDs when attempting to update Campaign Member Status
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-2939133 ·Reported By 15 users
The “Update Campaign Member Status” Help page, https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=campaign_update_wizard.htm&language=en_US, states the following when attempting to update the status for many campaign members:
"If you are targeting both leads and contacts, combine the exported lead and contact reports into one CSV (comma-separated values) file in Excel. Make sure the Lead ID and Contact ID values are in the same Excel column."
This information is incorrect and will be updated since the Campaign Member Status field resides within the Campaign Member object, not the Contact and/or Lead objects.
1. Go to a campaign
2. Click on Manage Members > Update Members - Import Files
3. Click on Campaign Member Status
4. Click on Update Existing Records
5. Select a csv file that contains a column named Salesforce ID listing Lead ID and/or Contact IDs and a column named Status listing desired status values
6. Click Next
7. Map Salesforce ID (cvs header) to Salesforce.com ID (mapped salesforce object)
8. Click Next
9. Click Start Import
10. Click OK
11. Page should refresh and display the current bulk data load job. Once the job completes it will indicate zero successes and the appropriate numbers of failures based on the number of rows in the csv file.
12. Click View Results to observe this type of error message:
'(Contact or Lead ID)' is not a valid Salesforce ID for the type Campaign Member:--"
13. Update csv so Salesforce ID column reflects Campaign Member IDs rather than Contact and/or Lead IDs
14. Repeating steps 1 through 10 above should result in successful campaign member status value updates.
Use Campaign Member ID values, for the respective contacts and leads, within the Salesforce ID column within the csv file.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.