Inconsistency with the "To" address field when using approval proccess with draft emails on case feed.
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2498753 ·Reported By 1 users
There is some inconsistency with the "To" field when sending emails for approval from the case feed using the draft email functionality.
When submitting an email for approval, the "To" email address could be duplicated what will lead into a validation error when sending the final email after being approved.
1. On the Case Feed click on Email.
2. Select an email address.
3. Click Submit for Approval.
4. Open the case with the approver.
5. In the case feed, the field "To" has a duplicated email address.
6. Modify the body of the email and save the Draft.
7. Open the email (View Email).
8. The "To" email address is gone.
9. Click Approve/Reject and then Approve.
10 . A validation error is displayed.
The workaround below will help you avoid the error message when the email is approved.
You can created a Field Update on the Final Approval Action on the Approval Process to update the "To" field with the email address of the case contact when the Email Message is approved.
The field update would be:
Field To Update: Email Message: To Address
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.