Users see search results in listing that they’re not supposed to due to restricted access.
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2645500 ·Reported By 1 users
Some customers have observed that there Internal/Partner Community users see records they’re not supposed to when they either perform a search OR create a list view.
Let's say a partner user has access to the following Account:
And does not have access to the following Accounts:
When the Internal/partner community user performs a search using global search for "Acme", they expect to see only "Acme" in the results, but instead they see all 4 Acme Accounts.
This was found to occur when the following conditions are met:
1. The Internal/partner community user can see more than half of the record volume
2. There's a sharing rule shared from "all internal users" to a sharing group including the Internal/partner community user.
1. Login as User
2. Go to the following contact record [Enabled as partner]
3. Click on Manage External User>Login to community as user
4. Once logged in search for "Acme"
5. You will see four results (Accounts)
5. Click on any of the 2 account records and you will see an insufficient privileges error:
-None at this time
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.