Add Invitees lookup window unexpectedly closes on specific version of IE 8 when creating event, after changing start/end dates
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2586449 ·Reported By 0 users
For some users running Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514 in combination with Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, an issue has been observed with the Add Invitees lookup window when creating a new Event.
If the user creating the Event first changes the start or end date to a value other than the current date and then clicks on the Add Invitees button, the lookup window is observed to appear briefly and dismiss immediately.
1. Create a new Event, such as by clicking the "New Event" button on the Activities related list on a record or on the Home Page calendar, or by selecting "Event" from the "Create New" Home Page sidebar component.
2. On the Event creation page that loads, change the Start and/or End dates of the Event to anything other than the current date (either in the past or future).
3. Click the "Add Invitees" button in the "Invite Others" section of the page.
Result: The lookup window appears briefly and then immediately closes.
There are three documented workarounds for this issue:
1. Click the "Add Invitees" button before making any changes to the Start and End dates (reverse steps 2 and three above).
2. Upgrade to the latest supported version of Internet Explorer.
3. Use a different supported web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
This issue is currently known to apply only to the exact versions of Internet Explorer and Windows 7 Professional mentioned above. In other versions of Internet Explorer and Windows, this behavior may be the result of either an outdated browser version or an unsupported browser configuration, namely the use of the Compatibility View feature.
For details on supported Internet Explorer versions and features, please see this article:
For additional details on the recommended configuration of Internet Explorer for use with Salesforce, please see:
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.