Package upgrade fails with internal server error: The summarized field is not deterministic
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2586686 ·Reported By 0 users
Some customers may get internal server error when upgrading a package with RSF(roll up summary fields), and the error in the backend is:
Objectname__c.fieldname__c: The summarized field in not deterministic
1. In a DE org, create a managed package and add the following components:
- Create 2 objects: "Object 1" and "Object 2"
- Create master-detail field from "Object 2" to ""Object 1"
- Create formula in "Object 2" with:
return data type: number
Decimal places: 1
- Create RSF on "Object 1" that does sum on Object_2.formula__c
- release version 1.0
2. In the same DE org
- Add a new field on "Object 2", with number data type
- Make the following changes to Object_2.formula__c :
change decimal place from 1 to 2
change formula source to reference the newly created field: " 1 + new_field__c"
- In "Object 1" make only one change: add a new RSF field that makes a SUM using Object_2.formula__c
- Upload a new version v1.1 of the package
3. In a subscriber org
- Install that package 1.0
- Upgrade tov1.1 of the package, you'll get internal server error.
- Log a case and support will find the error: Object_2__c.formula__c: The summarized field is not deterministic
4. Fresh install v1.1 in a different org(do not upgrade from v1.0) and it is successful
1. Change the decimal place from 2 back to 1 on the Object_2__c.formula__c field, and upload a new version v1.2.
2. Upgrade subscriber from v1.0 to this new version v1.2
3. If needed, change decimal place from 1 to 2 and upload a new version v1.3
4. Upgrade subscriber from v1.2 to v1.3
For new subscribers, you can directly install v1.1, or v1.3.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.