Insuff Privileges error on published article due to draft article with data categories
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2586638 ·Reported By 2 users
There is an issue at this time where users will get an Insufficient Privileges error when attempting to view a published article if the published article has a draft version where data categories have been added and the profile of the affected user does not have access to the data categories.
- Publish an article.
- Click to edit the article and choose to keep the article published, which states "Agents can view the original article while you work on the draft."
- Add data category values to the article.
- Attempt to access the article with a user profile who does not have access to data categories.
There are a few workarounds at this time.
- Remove the affected user from the affected Role.
- Turn off feed tracking for the affected article type.
- Remove the "Manage Articles" permission from the affected user profile.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.