"Error! The article could not be submitted for translation because of a conflict"when submitting an article for translation
Last updated 2021-09-14 ·Reference W-2570241 ·Reported By 24 users
Some customers have observed that they encounter the following error when attempting to submit a specific article for translation:
"Error! The article could not be submitted for translation because of a conflict"
This is because of the 2 articles having the same URL name. The URL Name field has to be unique per language.
When you translate an article the url name is copied over to the destination language. URL Name has to be unique per language so when you try to translate an article into a language where its url name already taken it gets a conflict.
1) Enable multi-language knowledge and add a language. For this example we'll say French.
2) Create and publish an article with URL name "URL Name"
3) Translate this article to French and publish it.
4) Edit the French article's URL name to "URL Name Two" and publish.
5) Create and publish a new article with URL name "URL Name Two".
6) Try to translate this new article to French and you will get the conflict
- Change the URL name of either article to avoid the conflict.
Reported By (24)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.