"Limit Exceeded" Error when a user without View Setup tries to Pause a Flow
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2552866 ·Reported By 2 users
Non-admin users encounter a "Limit Exceeded" error when attempting to Pause a Flow.
1. Create a screen flow as an admin user.
2. Ensure "Let Users Pause Flows" is enabled. (Setup | Create | Workflow & Approvals | Settings)
3. Login as a standard user with permission to "Run Flows" but without permission to "View Setup."
4. Run the flow using the URL as the standard user and click the Pause button.
5. Enter a reason and click "Pause" again.
Flow should pause.
Error message: "Limit Exceeded. You or your organization has exceeded the maximum limit for this feature".
The only workaround at this time is to grant affected users the "View Setup and Configuration" Profile permission. Once a fix is in place, the permission can be removed.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.