Spring15 - Search returns 0 results when searching for phone numbers with no spaces.
Last updated 2018-03-30 ·Reference W-3928823 ·Reported By 12 users
Some customers have observed that they are unable to search for records via the phone number field , if the phone does not contain a space, the expected format is (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
Customers have seen that if the phone number is in the format of (XXX)XXX-XXXX, then these records are not searchable.
This usually happens via the API since any edits/ changes made to this field via the UI auto-corrects the phone number in the correct format.
1. Add/update ca record with phone number: (XXX)XXX-XXXX using the API. [UI auto corrects phone numbers and adds space.]
2. Search with (XXX)XXX-XXXX
3. Notice you do not get results.
- Search by different parts of the phone number
- Add necessary spacing to the phone number so that it gets tokenized correctly.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.