Related Contact not automatically updated for Invitees on Multi-User calendar event when the assigned contact is merged.
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2514217 ·Reported By 3 users
You may see "Record Deleted" error when accessing multi-users view calendar. When we have a multi-user event related to an existing Contact with some invitee users and we merge the related contact, we are only updating the surviving contact, form the merge operation, on the main multi user calendar event. The related contact is not updated for Invitees on Multi-User calendar event. When the invitee attempt to access the invited event, it fails with Record Deleted error.
1. create two contacts say contact1 and contact2. Also create a new user:StdUser1.
2. go to Multi-Person Calendar and create Event.
-Related it to Contact1
3. go to Parent Account of the Contact1 related to the event on earlier step.
4. click Merge Contact button on Contact Related List
5. select the two contacts (contact1 and contact2). And, click to [Next] button.
6. select Contact2 as Master Record.
7. click to [Merge] button.
8. Go back to Multi-Person Calendar Events again.
9. On the main Multi-Person Calendar Event: You can see related contact was automatically updated to contact2 due to contact merge done, which is expected.
On the Multi-Person Calendar Event for Invitee: You can see related contact would still be Contact1, which should already have been merged to Contact2 and deleted.
10. Additionally, if you login as different user(without View All Data permission), he would also get the "Record Deleted" error when trying to open the multi-user calendar.
Re-invite the invitee after the contact merge, but it would work only when we know the problematic multi user event.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.