Live Agent "Attachment Tool" Displays Inacessible Records in Search Results
Last updated 2018-04-13 ·Reference W-2490681 ·Reported By 9 users
The attachment tool used to search for records in Live Agent is presenting users with records that they do not have access to.
Clicking on such a link within those search results correctly yields an Insufficient Privileges error. Global Search still works as expected.
In an org with Live Agent enabled (in a Console App) and restricted access to Contacts:
1. As a non-Admin user, access the the Console App from the App drop down.
2. Select the LiveAgent widget and go Online.
3. Access the URL that hosts the Chat request Button.
4. Click the Chat Button.
5. Accept the new chat from within the Console.
6. From the Chat Window click on the Paper Clip icon.
7. Next to Contact Name, click the magnifying glass and type the name of a Contact that is inaccessible to the user by Global Search
Expected: Attach entity search should not return inaccessible records.
Actual: Inaccessible records are returned. Clicking yields "Insufficient Privileges."
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.