Users with "View Setup and Configuration" cannot see the View Accessibility Fields on an Object's Custom Field
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2486472 ·Reported By 1 users
Users with "view setup and configuration" should be able to see field accessibility on all fields - not just standard fields.
User with View Setup and Configuration cannot see the View Accessibility Fields on an Entity's Custom Field
Follow this work to receive updates in your feed.Follow
DETAILS AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Custom Field on an entity, Ex Accounts
2. As a Standard user with View Setup and Configuration, go to Customize > Accounts > Fields from the setup tree
3. Click on a Standard Field, say Account Name
4. Note that View Accessibility Fields button is displayed
5. Now, click on the Custom Field created in step 1
View Accessibility Fields button is missing
View Accessibility Fields button should be displayed and clicking on the button should display the field accesibility settings. Although, since the user doesn't have Customize App, the settings shouldn't be editable.
Give users "customize application" as well as "view setup and configuration" or have another admin perform any necessary tasks.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.