Group task's assigned to field's selections display incorrectly in UI when multiple users are added to a task in community
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-2455762 ·Reported By 1 users
When Group Tasks are enabled via Setup, Customize | Activities | Activity Settings community users can select multiple users/roles/groups in the Task's Assigned To lookup search window's Multiple Users tab.
After making selections the result in field within the user interface is inconsistent with what you'd expect when performing the same action as an internal user.
In the community the Assigned To field is populated with the encoded URI in the user interface:
As an internal user, selections are populated into the Assigned To field as the user's names and the UI displays a count of the total number of tasks to be created:
Partner User: Partner Community User 2,Partner User: Partner Community User
2 Total Tasks
1. Enable Group Tasks and Allow Users to Relate Multiple Contacts to Tasks and Events in Activity Settings
2. Enable Communities
3. Setup a Partner Community including visibility to the Leads tab as example
4. Create an account with contact and enable the account as a partner, and enable contact as partner user
5. Select to Log in to Community as User
6. Navigate to the Leads tab and create a new lead
7. Select to create a new task and open the Assigned To field's lookup search dialog and select the "Multiple Users" tab
8. Select multiple entries and done
7. You will see encode URI strings on edit field such as following.
None at this time. This behavior is cosmetic and does not affect community user's ability to leverage the group task functionality. Selection of multiple users in the Assigned To field still works properly upon saving the task.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.