click to dial not working when apex:milestoneTracker is included as a Custom Console Component
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-2440988 ·Reported By 6 users
When a VF page containing an apex:milestoneTracker component is used as a sidebar, click to dial fails to work properly.
1) Org with console + demo open CTI adapter installed
2) Enable entitlements, create a milestone, and create a milestone process. You can do this by enabling Entitlements via the setup tree just search for entitlements to enable. For milestones and milestone process they also each have their own item in the setup tree for enabling once entitlements is enabled.
3) Create a VF page
<apex:page standardController="Case" showHeader="true">
4) Edit console settings to display Case as a primary tab
5) Modify case layout to include the above page as a primary tab sidebar
6) Go to the console and try a click to dial from something like an account. It will work.
7) Go to a case and try click to dial. It doesn't work. If you explicitly call enableClickToDial it will work until you open another case tab.
- Change the component to remove this apex component.
- Embed it into the VF page layout for cases.
- Manually re-enable click to dial upon every case tab that's opened.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.