Rich text editor in email publisher becomes uneditable after opening a subtab in Service Console with using Chrome.
Last updated 2022-10-04 ·Reference W-2432555 ·Reported By 21 users
Rich text editor in email publisher becomes uneditable after opening a subtab in Service Cloud Console with using Chrome, Safari. The behavior is not observed in Firefox and IE
1. Login to SFDC by using Chrome
2. Configure Service Console for Case
Under "Choose How Records Display", select "As a primary tab" for "Case"
3. Go to Customize>Cases>Email-To-Case, check "Enable Email-to-Case" and save
4. Access to Service Console
5. Open an existing Case which relates to a Contact
6. Click Email publisher action in Feed view
You will see that the rich text area in Email publisher action is editable. This is expected till this point.
7. Now, Click Post publisher action
8. Click Contact name in highlight panel
You will see that the Contact is opened as subtab.
9. Click “Details” to move to the content of Case
10. Click Email publisher action in Feed view
You will see that the rich text area in Email publisher action is visible but it is uneditable.
11. Resizing the Editor would make the editor editable again
-Reload the tab when facing the issue
-Under "Choose How Records Display", Do not display "As a primary tab" for "Case"
-Changing the current editor to legacy editor, Log a support case including reference to this Known Issue to get the Legacy Editor enabled.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.