Users who lack Knowledge User license receive error when viewing previous Knowledge article versions
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2382712 ·Reported By 4 users
Some customers may have observed that users in their organization who do not have the Knowledge User license activated on their user record will receive Internal Server Error (-1912489766) when trying to view previous versions of Knowledge articles, even though they can view the current article version without error.
In an organization with at least one published Knowledge article that has multiple versions:
1. Login as any user with the "Knowledge User" checkbox unchecked.
2. Click on the Knowledge tab.
3. View any Knowledge article with multiple versions.
3. Click on the "Version ##" link (where ## is the actual number for the latest version, such as "Version 13")
4. From the window that pops up, click on the title of any previous article version.
5. An internal server error message displays including the error code (-1912489766), such as:
Error ID: 1526694356-289545 (-1912489766)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.