Validation rule error message gets truncated in Case Feed
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2408043 ·Reported By 0 users
Validation Rule error messages in the case feed get truncated.
1. In Setup, create a new Picklist field on Case
2. After the field is created, make it so the new field is dependent on another picklist (such as Status or Type)
3. Add a validation rule to the new field and make the error message long
4. In Setup, edit the Case page layout and select Feed View
5. Go to Email Action Options and under Select Action Fields and add the 2 picklists from step #2
7. Create a validation rule that will trigger when editing these two fields
8. Go to a case with the page layout in question
9. Click on Answer Customer (or Email)
10. Type some text in the email body and select a recipient
11. Edit the 2 picklist fields in such way that the validation rule will fail
12. When you click Send Email, you will see the error message is trucated
None at this time.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.