User does not receive content subscription email when a content is shared with another library of which they are not a member
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2406240 ·Reported By 3 users
When a user subscribes to a content record, they receive notification when any updates are made to that record. However if that record gets shared with another library but the user is not part of that library, than the user does not receive any subscription email.
This impacts both regular and portal user.
1. Login to your org
2. Create 2 libraries - for example A & B.
3. Become member for A. But do NOT join library B.
4. Upload document to A.
5. Subscribe to the uploaded document.
6. If you make any changes to the document, you will receive notification.
5. Now share the document with library B.
6. If you now make any changes, you will notice that you are no longer receiving any subscription emails.
You can become member of the all the libraries to which the subscribed content record is shared with.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.