Email alert "From Email Address" always set to "Current User's email address" when deployed using change set
Last updated 2018-05-17 ·Reference W-2403516 ·Reported By 19 users
Email alert "From Email Address" always set to "Current User's email address" when deployed using change set.
1. In a source org, create org wide email address (setup - email administration - organization-wide email addresses - New and verify it.
2. In the destination org, create same org wide address.
3. In the source org, create an email template, then an email alert, use above org wide address as from email address.
4. Create an outbound change set, and add the alert and template to the change set and upload to destination org.
5. Click view source in front of the email alert, and review the content:
6. Review the inbound change set in the destination org and notice source of the alert is same as above.
7. Deploy the inbound change set and review the deployed email alert:
From Email Address Current User's email address
Manually update the from email address after the change set is deployed.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.