Salesforce for Outlook: Add Email/Create Case buttons are not saving attachments into Salesforce
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2401164 ·Reported By 90 users
Salesforce for Outlook users that are assigned to Outlook Configurations where the Add Email preference is enabled but not the Side Panel, may notice that the task created in Salesforce to represent the email that was sent from within Outlook doesn't contain attachments, if any were present on the original Outlook email.
Add Email button:
- click on an Outlook email that contains an attachment
- Select the Add Email button in the Outlook ribbon
--> the task created in Salesforce has no attachment
Create Case button:
- Select an Outlook email that contains an attachment
- Select the Create Case button in the Outlook ribbon
--> the case created in Salesforce has no attachment
- Edit all relevant Outlook Configurations assigned to users affected by this behavior
- Temporarily enable the Side Panel preference
- Enable the Add Email preference
- Disable the Side Panel preference and save the outlook configuration.
Side Panel will benefit from this update by running thru the Setup Wizard from within their SFO icon on their computer's system tray> Settings, or restarting SFO and Outlook.
Reported By (90)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.