IsException events are not re-parented upon lead conversion, causing "Lead has been Converted" error when non-admin user views multi-user calendar
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-2396026 ·Reported By 18 users
IsException events are not re-parented upon lead conversion, causing "Lead has been Converted" error when non-admin user views multi-user calendar.
1. Enable "Advanced Calendaring" in an org (need to log a case for support to enable it)
2. Create a lead.
3. Create recurring event on this lead, span about 5-10 days.
4. Go to the event page, see whether "Is Exception" checkbox is visible. If not edit page layout and add the checkbox to the page layout.
5. Edit some of those event record and save, notice the "Is Exception" field is now checked on those edited events.
6. Convert the lead to an account and opportunity
7. Review above edited events and they are still associated to the converted lead
8. But the events with "Is Exception" unchecked are re-parented to the contact and opportunity.
9. Now login as a non-admin user.
10. Go to home, and click the "multi user view" icon on calendar section, notice the error:
Lead has been Converted.
This lead has been converted. Please use Site Search to search for the converted records.
Update those "IsException" activity records so they are associated with the contact/opportunity, not the converted lead.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.