If Chatter is not enabled, adding Knowledge Sidebar in Console causes loading of Tabs to fail
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-2781710 ·Reported By 6 users
Some customers have observed that they the knowledge sidebar does not work in org's where chatter has not been enabled.
Cusomter's would notice the following when accessing cases in the service console:
a> Can’t open a new case.
b> Can’t view knowledge sidebar.
You would see the following error captured via the Browser's developer console:
Error: Uncaught ReferenceError: chatter is not defined
[NOTE : This happens when Chatter is disabled in an org]
1. Go to Service Console app.
2. Open any new case => Blank screen
3. Error in Browser Console => Uncaught ReferenceError: chatter is not defined
4. Refreshing the tab fixes the issue some times but sometimes also causes the tab to become un-clickable (tabs freeze)
5. Knowledge Sidebar is not visible even if the case record comes up.
1. Enabling Chatter. Or
2. Disabling Knowledge Sidebar Or
3. Use Old knowledge sidebar without the suggested articles
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.