When Einstein Search is enabled for Service Cloud users with Knowledge Author permissions, those users can no longer use the Advanced Search for Knowledge articles as described below. Salesforce confirmed this is a current limitation of Einstein Search.
The advanced search option lets you pre-filter your results by language, publishing status, validation status, record type, or data category group.
- Select Knowledge in the dropdown list next to the global search box. You can also type knowledge at the top of the dropdown list, then select Knowledge.
- Click Advanced Search to pre-filter your results by language, publishing status, validation status, record type, or data category group. Filters you’ve selected appear in the search box.
- Enter your search terms.
- Hit Enter
Scenario: you get an article ID for an article in Draft from a colleague. You can no longer search with this id to find the record, since you have to first change the publishing status to draft.
There are some workarounds, but neither are ideal or intuitive:
1. create a custom list view and edit a custom filter to search for specific article IDs.
2. search by keyword / title, then use the Refine By option to change the Publishing status to Draft.
3. Ask the colleague to share the article link or subject instead of just the id.
4. Find a case > Knowledge side-bar, and use the Advanced Search there.
So the easiest solution these users apply is to switch to Classic, or request to be removed from Einstein Search permission, neither of which we want to advertise.