Ideally, i would like to see the From parameter added to the Post to Chatter feature in Flow.
I am trying to create automated Chatter Posts from a myself (the admin), a Sales Person's manager, or the Director of Sales, depending on how big the deal is, everytime and Opportunity is updated or the Oppty is marked Closed Won. My goal is to:
- Attach the Post to the Opportunity
- @mention, the Sales Person and teammates
- @mention the Sales Person's Boss
- @mention a specific Chatter group
- Have the Post come from someone other then the Sales person who updated the Oppty. I don't want it to look like they are patting themselvse on the back, rather their boss is congratulating them.
However, currently there are two options to create a Chatter Post using Flow:
- Post to Chatter
- Create a New Record
And both have limitations:
- Post to Chatter will not allow you to author a post from someone else
- Create a New Record will not allow for @mentions.